Tuesday 13 December 2011

Lunch Break Re-take.

So it’s been a while. Let‘s not talk about the intervening period between the last time I wrote on here and now  in which I seem to have left university only to have found, I think, what I always dreaded. Full time occupation, a better understanding of fiscal dynamism and some lovely matching furniture.

Anyway, in many ways what better reason to resurrect a long dead blog than to whinge about the assorted grievances I now have with working full time, over Christmas, in a shop. It seems like an even easier opportunity to vent the cynicism that collects like damp on the walls of my nine to five.

Don’t get me wrong- Given the current climate, I’m lucky to have a job. And I should be happily on my way to a my first down payment on a house and the first of a lifetime of arbitrary promotions, (see earlier blogs for an explanation of these concepts and my views on them ) but the trouble is, much as I love dealing with the humans, they do turn into a proper set of twats during the festive period.

The problem is, there is a tendency (and usually among the stupid) to cater for and to adorn our loved ones with all the affection and sensitivity we are able to muster. Problem is, these same stupid people, in their pursuit of gifts to lavish said loved ones become, for want of a better words, fucking dickheads.

Just because Nathan really wants a t-shirt and the company I work for doesn’t happen to have it in size awful, doesn’t mean you need to treat me like I’ve just dribbled out from under the six day old kebab salad in your fridge. I hate to harp on, but seriously, get a fucking grip.

Anyway, here’s my suggestion for fixing the world. If there’s one sure way of thawing my icy heart, it’s videos of tiny animals doing shit like eating and holding umbrellas on Youtube, as long as the scenario is genuine and not the result of some weirdo’s orchestrated efforts to make their Chihuahua in a hat play stairway to heaven. I’m not prepared to deal with that. (I'll post an example next and you'll totally understand).

Anyway, hopefully from now on my breaks will be a time for thought, and for writing on here, so we’ll see.

Stay tuned.

All credit to Sam for anything you find funny here as it was by his suggestion that I started blogging again. Ever since the fateful day that I threw his book into a lake (See this link for a full recount, described in such beautiful and gripping fashion that summarising would only tarnish the tale). 


Obviously, thanks also to Bagnall for the account.

Peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment